+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Perusing The Ocean Floor

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Perusing The Ocean Floor

I came across a very large book published in 1980 by National Geographic; they had undertaken to map the ocean floor.

There is not a lot of information about the ocean floors and even less in the public domain. There are some very unusual markings and shapes to investigate.
    Here are two images from that book.

Larger Images:
    oceanfloor.JPG
    indianocean.JPG
    Last edited by Bobbi; 12-11-2008 at 01:53 PM.
    @};-
    Tic Toc

Prisoner (Former Master Music Guru)

Re: Perusing The Ocean Floor

This might be interesting.........

Blog Entries

Please explain to me how a planet can gain mass from the inside out?
    @};-
    Tic Toc

seabeds. fascinating.
    they make up what, about 2/3 of the earth's surface ?
    thats a big unknown

with the various ancient ruins and legends, you gotta figure it has all been studied as much as possible with the big subs and maybe other classified gear.

do you see something in particular in your: "very unusual makings and shapes to investigate."...?

When I first saw these pictures, my immediate response was "Oh my goodness, it's all been graphed out!" The exact grid marks are easily identifiable in these photos. Remember, this is what the bottom of the sea floor looks like EXACTLY. Now don't you find that incredibly odd? Do you think this kind of patterning is even remotely the result of a naturally occuring event?
    Once you have all the pieces, you can finish the puzzle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
    When I first saw these pictures, my immediate response was "Oh my goodness, it's all been graphed out!" The exact grid marks are easily identifiable in these photos. Remember, this is what the bottom of the sea floor looks like EXACTLY. Now don't you find that incredibly odd? Do you think this kind of patterning is even remotely the result of a naturally occuring event?
    My first response when I was looking through this book, well I had it on my coffee table and I was sitting on the floor flipping the pages, staring at the pages... I went and pour myself a stiff drink.
    The only other images of the ocean floor I had seen up until that time was the USGS map of earthquakes, but these markings were much more prominent than any on the USGS maps.
    These markings or structural shaping like this on all the ocean floors and on closer scrutiny the landmasses have some traces of similar markings, this is way outside the bell curve of probability.
    @};-
    Tic Toc

Oh I see the grid marks.
    Actually I had seen seabed images just like these elsewhere, and I thought those marks were part of the undersea mountain ranges.

Those images must be artist's renditions of the data gathered by sonar or whatever tech is used, so can we be sure of what the artist intended?

Blog Entries

No Unipax, these are deep scan sonar images, not art work. They are presented in this format in the book so we can see the size, in comparison to the rest of the land, of the sea floor markings.

Speaking of art, ever do clay modeling? A fork is used extensively for base shaping work, then smoothed. Our sea floors look like some huge fork was used to shape things down there, or not. One thing for sure is there is far too much symmetry and systematic marking showing up to be "natural", IMHO. Can anyone say "terra forming"?
    It's the questions that drive us, , , the answers that guide us.
    What will you know tomorrow?
    Have a question? Email me craterchains@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Norval View Post
    They are presented in this format in the book so we can see the size, in comparison to the rest of the land, of the sea floor markings.
    Book Schmook... You guys DO realize you live in a world with technological wonders that bring the world to your finger tips at the press of a mere button

Go on... go ahead push the red button

You know you want to
    "The louder the opposition protests, the more I know I am on the right track"
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Blog Entries

oh man, thanks zorgon

but it doesn't have the poles in a top down view like in the schmook
    @};-
    Tic Toc

+ Reply to Thread