+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is a VISION?

Blog Entries

What is a VISION?

What is a VISION?

Many years ago I had a "vision" in my 20s and years later had another vision, in my 30s. WTF is a "vision"? This is something I can only speak of from an "experience it yourself" kind of explanation. As I also have had many dreams in my life, nightly, as most people do, I will use those as a means of demonstrating the difference between dreams and visions.

Having a vision is like comparing your senses of reality, while awake, to a dream. A vision is far more real than normal awake experiences are. All your senses are perfect. Your eyes are perfect, hearing, smell, touch and so on. There is no fuzziness or degradation of senses caused by bad eyesight, broken eardrums, or other malfunctions of senses. It is as if the very nerves of all your senses were tapped into directly, bypassing your own eyes, nose, ears, and so on. In short, a vision is far more "real" than reality itself.

While the content of my first vision was interesting, to say the least, just a sports car ride along a very steep and mountainous road that ended abruptly. Yet it was the realization about the remarkable clarity of my senses that held my attention. At the time I thought I had been transported from my bed, where I had been sleeping, to the back of this sports car. I just "woke up" and was in the back of a sports car going up this beautiful mountain road with two guys sitting in the front. The remarkable clarity of a vision is unlike any dream I have ever had. As I have stated, a vision is more real than reality. That is what held my attention as I "experienced" what was going on around and to me in the vision. At the time, I had no idea that I was having a vision, it was that real. I was really there and carry the memory as a true memory is in my mind of any major impact event in my life.

Both visions I have had were of a "personal" nature and not some "message" to tell the world anything.

Well, that's my two cents worth about visions.
    It's the questions that drive us, , , the answers that guide us.
    What will you know tomorrow?
    Have a question? Email me craterchains@yahoo.com

Re: What is a VISION?

transported from my bed, where I had been sleeping, to the back of this sports car. I just "woke up" and was in the back of a sports car going up this beautiful mountain road with two guys sitting in the front.
    Jus' playin' 2nd fiddle, back seat analyst here, but...
    Interesting that you woke up being in the back seat. Someone else is driving, you're completely out of the "control loop". That was the first thing that struck me about that one. I'd have asked what I was supposed to get from that part of it.
    But, as Freud said, "Then again, sometimes a nice ride in the country, is just a nice ride in the country."

Example:
    I woke up once is a place, incredibly lush vegetation all around. It was a huge horseshoe-shaped canyon. The side we were on was all vegetation, the opposite side was a huge waterfall that fed a river. A lake made up the bottom of the canyon. There were about 20 people there. It had a picnic/party feeling to it. There were all incredibly friendly people, who knew me, and I knew, tho no names came to mind, or even felt important they seemed like "family".

Gravity was different here, say 60% of earth. So the foam and mist from the falls, and the water below all blended. The whole dream consisted of this group climbing up to this point, then jumping off. Simply stretching out your arms, and bending over slightly provided enough wind resistance to allow for a good 30 second descent, to the water below. A short climb, and off you go again.

No hidden mysteries, no secrets, no point. Other than the time spent in the pure enjoyment. It so vivid I can still feel the spray on my face, though. Maybe a "leak through" from some other existence, another world. Who knows.
    A vision is far more real than normal awake experiences are.
    Abso-friggin-lutely!

"Vivid dreams", more vivid than this waking existence, even. In Dune-speak, a "Waking dream:, I guess. And notice your body reacts, too.

To steal from a book I read, re. this subject they're point was that it isn't the eyes that see, but the mind. The proof of this comes from these very dreams. The more mundane ones as well.

I have come awake from these in all kinds of conditions; incredible bliss, in pure panic and in fear of my life once, I awoke screaming aloud, out of breath, my whole body filled with adrenaline. I awoke once screaming with fear, and crying over what was going on around me.

So, the body reacts. Treats it as "fact", or real events. Yet your eyes are closed, this whole time. So, with what did you see? It wasn't your eyes, yet your body believed.

I'll post a couple more in a few. break them up so I can think on them.
    Fred
    Life IS mystical! It's just that we're used to it.

"An idea is something you have. An ideology is something that has you."-Morris Berman

This one is what I guess would be a "concurrent dream" or something of that nature.

I went to sleep November 17, 1978. Nothing untoward at all. About 7 AM the next morning I "awoke" to mayhem. I was in a clearing surrounded by what felt like a jungle, or very high brush. Lots of people around me, families.

Everyone around me was terrified, and in panic. Not sure whether to run or not, or which way.

Then several men, who had been hiding out in the brush, came into the edge of the clearing, carrying guns. They started pushing people towards the center fo the clearing, and this made everyone come apart with fear.

I remember the look on one woman's face. She was carrying a baby, which made it difficult to run. She was also trying to shield her child from the men surrounding her with guns, still looking for a way to escape it all.

At this point the men started shooting everyone who had reached or just entered the brush. The panic became total.

I was feeling the emotions of the people around me this whole time. When the shooting started it became so overwhelming that I really woke up, screaming out loud, shaking with fear, in my own bed in Long Beach, Ca. I had the distinct impression everyone still there was dead.

It took me a good five minutes to calm down, and stop shaking, and I had no clue what had caused any of it. I got up, went from the bathroom, to the kitchen, on the usual morning schedule. In the kitchen there was a radio going, tuned to the news station.

It was about 30 minutes later than the story broke. It was November 18, 1978, and Jim Jones had just killed all his people in Guyana, 4,000 miles away.
    Life IS mystical! It's just that we're used to it.

"An idea is something you have. An ideology is something that has you."-Morris Berman

Blog Entries

From reading at some sites around the net, you are not the only one to have had that dream just before that massacre. Premonition dreaming, or something, concurrent dream works too.

While I wasn't looking for much about dreams, more so was trying to impart something I learned about what the Document refers to as a "vision" and it's remarkable differences. Yet it does state that "in the last days He would pour out dreams and visions upon mankind from all walks of life."

On a bit of a side note;
    It is interesting to me that you would mention that dream or vision just a couple hours after I watched the movie Blood Diamond. Also I noted that you caught the "out of the control loop" in the one vision I partially related in post 1. That had never occurred to me. Thank you Fred.
    It's the questions that drive us, , , the answers that guide us.
    What will you know tomorrow?
    Have a question? Email me craterchains@yahoo.com

+ Reply to Thread